Old Red Iron is the local name given to this bridge which spans the river Suir in Waterford. Originally built in 1906, it was closed in 1995.
The Mount Elliot Bridge and Tunnel are both part of an abandoned railway line that ran from Waterford City to New Ross. The line closed in 1994.
Killucan was once a busy spot on the Royal Canal however as transport moved to other means, many canal barges, including this one, became abandoned.
Railway Terrace in Mullingar, Westmeath is a train depot near the current Dublin to Sligo line which has been abandoned for a number of years.
In 2007, Ireland’s property bubble burst leaving over 230,000 homes abandoned in ghost estates such as Cnoc An Iuir in Leitrim.
The former R&H Hall buildings on Waterford’s North Quays were abandoned for many years but the area is about to get a new lease of life.
The Hell Fire Club on Montpelier Hill in Dublin has been the subject of many urban legends ever since it was abandoned and left in ruin
The Ballaghaderreen Swimming Pool was converted from a reservoir however it became abandoned in the 1980s and has remained so ever since.
Once one of Waterford City’s premier hotels, the former Jurys Ard Ri Hotel now sits abandoned overlooking Ireland’s oldest city.
Mosney was once Ireland’s most popular holiday camp however it was converted into a centre for asylum seekers in 2000 and much of it became abandoned.