The original Aldgate East opened in 1884 but when the London Underground system was expanded, the entire station was moved 150 metres east.
York Road Underground Station was in one of London’s poorer areas and so saw little use. The station was closed in 1932 and has been abandoned since.
City Road was a London Underground station located in Islington. The station was abandoned in 1922 and the building above ground demolished in the 1960s
Battersea Power Station consisted of 2 identical coal power generating stations. It closed in 1983 and was left abandoned for many years.
Abbey Mills Pumping Station was a sewage plant on Abbey Lane in East London known as the Cathedral of Sewage because of its elaborate design.
Aldwych Tube Station opened in 1907 as a branch of the Piccadilly Line, however low numbers meant the station was never really viable. It closed in 1994.