Conza Della Campania and the ancient site of Compsa was destroyed in an earthquake in 1980 and replaced with a new town nearby.
Agdam is a ghost town in the disputed Republic of Artsakh and was abandoned during the Nagorno-Karabakh War between Armenia and Azerbaijan.
Abbey Mills Pumping Station was a sewage plant on Abbey Lane in East London known as the Cathedral of Sewage because of its elaborate design.
Arsenal was a station on the Paris Métro network. It was closed during World War II and has remained abandoned ever since.
The Abkhazian Railway was once a vital transport link in the breakaway republic of Abkhazia but was abandoned after the war with Georgia.
The former R&H Hall buildings on Waterford’s North Quays were abandoned for many years but the area is about to get a new lease of life.
Aldwych Tube Station opened in 1907 as a branch of the Piccadilly Line, however low numbers meant the station was never really viable. It closed in 1994.
Firs Park Stadium was once the home of Scottish football team East Sterlingshire FC however it was abandoned in 2008 when the club moved to a new home.
Nicosia International Airport was evacuated following the Turkish invasion of Cyprus in 1974. It has been left abandoned ever since.
The Olympic bobsleigh and luge track used for the 1984 Winter Olympics in Sarajevo was left in ruins following the Yugoslav Wars.