The original Aldgate East station opened in 1884 however, when the London Underground system was being expanded, the entire station was moved 170 metres to its current location.
Meridian TV Studios was part of The Television Centre in Southampton, England which it shared with TVS and Southern. The site was built in 1967 and closed in 2004. It was finally demolished in 2008.
The National Gas Turbine Establishment (NGTE Pyestock) in Fleet was the UK’s focal site for developing and testing gas turbines and jet engines but it was decommissioned and abandoned in 2000.
York Road Underground Station was in one of London’s poorer areas and so saw little use. The station was closed in 1932 and has been abandoned since.
City Road was a London Underground station located in Islington. The station was abandoned in 1922 and the building above ground demolished in the 1960’s
In 1943. the entire village of Imber was evacuated to make way for an exercise area for American troops involved in World War II and the villagers were never allowed return to their homes.
Battersea Power Station consisted of 2 identical coal power generating stations. It ceased generating power in 1983 and was left abandoned for many years.
Whittingham Hospital was one of England’s largest psychiatric facilities but after a damning report in 1967, patient numbers began to fall and it was closed in 1995
Abbey Mills Pumping Station was a sewage plant on Abbey Lane in East London, elaborately designed but abandoned for many years.
Aldwych Tube Station opened in 1907 as a branch of the Piccadilly line, however low numbers meant the station was never really cost effective and it was closed in 1994.